Monday, May 25, 2020

Living an ARTful life...

It's been three years since I have posted on my blog.  The blog took a back seat to work, family and volunteer duties.  I have since retired,  enjoying more travel to see my first granddaughter and have been finding my way back to doing my art practices.   I am my most happy when submersed in artful activities and living an "artful" life.
I'm happy to say that I have been teaching a summer art program for children, have joined an art studio and have taught classes in local art stores. This year, I'm teaching my first art camp in September for adults. Hopefully the pandemic will be calmed down by then and it is safe to do so.
Teaching has always been my first love, whether young children or adults.  It is wonderful to see a student find joy with new information or a new hobby.

What does living an artful life mean?  For me, it's being absorbed in color, textures, environment, being with fellow artists and sharing my love of art.   I take part in a wonderful art studio called The cARTel, run by friend Meri Wiley.   A consortium of artists attend weekly studio time and share their creations and art techniques.  This has been a joy to take part in.   I keep art journals for technique experimentationn to help fuel my artful muse.   This is not to say that the artful muse hides from me at times, making it hard to find inspiration.   I think every artist goes through this at some time or another. 

 I've still been beading for 35 years; and this has always been my first love.  I  took beading classes from the Objibwa Native Americans in Wisconsin every summer during my 20's.  My skills have advanced and I find joy in making jewelry pieces for myself and others.   In addition, I have ventured into painting, mixed media, and other mediums.  
A triptych of Frida Kahlo
 

Even though I consider myself advanced in different mediums; I continue to try new mediums and techniques.  We all should never stop learning.  It is through learning we grow in skill and self worth to find an enriched life.

I will be posting new ideas, techniques and weekly posts to help you live an artful life.  Til next time, stay healthy and safe my friends.


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following your blog,Kathy! (And will see you at the ZOOM book club this week..?? ) Miss seeing everyone,so much!!

    ReplyDelete